1. Home
  2.  • 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  • 
  5. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  6.  • Uninsured Motorist Accidents

Can You Seek Compensation From Uninsured Motorists?

Although you are legally required to carry car insurance, a percentage of California drivers drive without it. It can be very difficult to recover monetary damages from an uninsured motorist who hits you because they usually lack the funds to cover your medical costs. Instead, if this happens, you can file for compensation with your own insurance company.

Due to the nature of these situations, it is wise to consult a lawyer about how to proceed. Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging, and you may accidentally harm your case if you are unsure what you should and should not say. The Advocate Law Firm Professional Law Corporation can speak with your insurer on your behalf.

Differences From Other Accident Claims

Uninsured motorist accidents differ from normal car accidents. On top of filing with your own insurer, you need to file very shortly after the accident. You may have as few as 30 days. This means it is imperative to seek an attorney as soon as possible.

The other significant difference is that you cannot file a lawsuit against your insurance company if it does not agree to a settlement. Your case would instead be resolved through a process called binding arbitration (which cannot be appealed). We have represented over 40,000 clients and know how to work for the best outcome from the moment your case begins.

Do Not Hesitate To Consult Us

If you are in a car crash and the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you need to act quickly or you could lose any chance of recovering damages. To schedule a free consultation now, please fill out our contact form or call 1-866-341-3575. We can visit homes, offices and hospitals for appointments. We also offer virtual appointments.

We are located in Irvine and serve clients in Southern California.